Industry Advisory Board Opportunities at the MAD-ID Annual Meeting
Why conduct an advisory board at the MAD-ID Annual Meeting?
An advantage of holding an advisory board at MAD is that between our speaker faculty and meeting organizers, many of which are on our Scientific Committee, the type of person you want advising you, is already at our meeting. These individuals are all accomplished infectious diseases and/or antimicrobial stewardship practitioners and researcher and thereby considered key opinion leaders. As these individuals are already at the meeting in other capacities, travel and lodging have already been paid by MAD-ID and are thereby avoid by your company.
Who manages advisory boards at the MAD-ID Annual Meeting?
Advisory boards are normally arranged and managed directly by MAD-ID and our contracted meeting organizer. Historically, this arrangement is the least expensive for your company as MAD-ID already has the people and resources in place at our Annual Meeting. Alternatively, a company or their 3rd party medical education company can tender a fee (see below) to secure a time slot and meeting room and manage an advisory board independently.*
What advisory board opportunities are available?
MAD-ID reserves a number of “official” slots which are integrated into our meeting template. They are 3 to 5 hour sessions on Tuesday evening (pre-meeting), Wednesday morning and afternoon (pre-meeting), Friday evening and Saturday afternoon (post-meeting).
Fees** and service provided (for MAD-ID managed advisory boards):
The following services are provided with MAD-ID-managed advisory boards:
- Boardroom or U-shape style set-up for 12-15 people (advisors and client attendees)
- A meal and coffee break with snacks and assorted hot and cold beverages
- Honorarium for 1 chairman and up to 9 advisors (honorarium determined by MAD-ID)
- It is assumed advisors will be existing faculty or attendees at MAD-ID conference
- Should extra hotel nights be necessary (Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning or Saturday afternoon) our proposed fees will include the one additional hotel night; no additional flights or hotel charges will be incurred, and there will be no incidental reimbursement provided*
- All pre-meeting communication with advisors (including invitation, confirmation, reconfirmation and thank-you letters, as well as execution of contracts and/or non-disclosure agreements if requested, and payment of honorarium post-meeting)
- Client personnel will be responsible for their own travel/hotel arrangements and costs
- Customary AV equipment, set-up and on-site technician
- Meeting has the option to be recorded and transcribed (additional costs will apply)
- If recorded, an executive summary will be provided (approximately 3 weeks post meeting, additional costs will apply)
- Meeting signage (MAD-ID poster, with company name/advisory board designation)
- On-site meeting planning staff will supervise the meeting
*Please note- additional requests/services outside of the list above [i.e. hotel night(s), ground transportation and airfare for advisor(s) not otherwise attending the MAD-ID meeting, additional honorarium over 10 advisors, additional hotel nights for MAD attendees/advisors (other that Tuesday or Saturday) will be added to the total costs of the budget, and charged to sponsoring company at the actual costs of the item(s).
**Contact MAD-ID directly regarding fees for MAD-ID managed advisory boards (see below).
Who do I contact and when?
Advisory board slots can be contracted at any time, well in advance of the Annual Meeting. As these are committed on a first-come-first-served basis and interest is high, the sooner the better. Slots generally start selling in late summer or early fall.
Please contact John Bosso, PharmD, (email@example.com; 843-442-9664) for more information and/or for contracting services.
*Our fee to release these slots for self- or 3rd party-managed advisory boards (and the meeting room) is $1,500 per slot.