PROGRAMMATIC LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Identify the optimal treatment for challenging multiply resistant gram negative infections.
- Discuss the current therapeutic gaps in treatment of invasive fungal infections.
- Review the major controversies published in the ID literature from May 2021 thru April 2022.
- Describe the core principles and objectives of diagnostic stewardship.
- Assess the clinical and economic impact of C. difficile infections recurrence.
- Illustrate the significance of antiretroviral therapy errors that occur in HIV patients who are hospitalized.
- Summarize current controversies in antimicrobial therapy and resistance.
- Evaluate factors that impact the health wellness of healthcare workers.
- Explain how implementation science addresses gaps in process and patient outcomes.
- Present the process, benefits and limitations of penicillin skin testing.
- Consider why the emergency and urgent care settings are critical targets for antimicrobial stewardship programs.
- Describe how infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship pharmacists can leverage. patient engagement in scarce resource allocation, risk management, and education/outreach.
- Review the available evidence to support shorter courses of therapy for common uncomplicated infections.
- Outline the basic concepts supporting antibiotic dose-response relationships.
- Discuss antimicrobial use strategies to improve the outcomes of patients with septic shock.